May 1, 2012

Match against Pakistan in 2003 World Cup biggest of my life: Sachin Tendulkar

Saravana | 3:01 AM |
Pune: He may have scripted many wins for India but Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar said the match against Pakistan in the 2003 World Cup in Centurion was the biggest match of his life.

Speaking at a felicitation ceremony in Pune for scoring 100 international centuries, Sachin said: "In the 2003 World Cup, the game against Pakistan was the biggest of my life. The buzz over this match had started in 2002. The date was fixed that on March 3 India will play Pakistan. We had to win and I had started preparing for it much before about how I had to play that match."

"Pakistan had the best attack at that time.  Chasing a target of 274, the goal was not to lose wickets. I adopted a positive approach and it did have an effect on the opposition," he said.

"I told Viru (Sehwag) that I will face Wasim (Akram) more. Our approach was very positive. I was having cramps. I never take runner. It was for the first time that I had asked for a runner, but lost my wicket at 98." Sachin added.

SOurce: http://sports.ndtv.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by 4cnotes.info | Disclaimer | Contact Us | write for us
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...