Jun 27, 2012

YuvaRaj bats in nets, calls it 'big achievement'

Saravana | 11:17 AM |
Bangalore, Jun 27: Yuvraj Singh took a big step towards his India comeback by having a batting practice session at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) here on Tuesday. The all-rounder, who battled cancer and has not played cricket for more than six months, batted in the 'nets' facing NCA's Under-19 bowlers. The 30-year-old also bowled during the practice session.

Yuvraj called it a "big achievement" to bat in the 'nets' after a long time."I think it was a big achievement to get into the nets. It felt really good; I'm happy. It was not a bad session, for the first time after six months," Yuvraj told reporters.

Yuvraj batted for nearly 30 minutes. Most of his shots were defensive and in between the batting session, the left-hander took rest. Later, he bowled left-arm spin.

He said that he got "tired" after 15 minutes and was sure that it would get better as the days progress.

"I got tired after 15 minutes, but I'm sure every day will be a better day. Obviously, the body will tire and tire quick because of what I've gone through but I'll keep increasing my practice load daily. The body will return to normal quickly," Yuvraj, who last played for Indian in November, 2011, said.

"My confidence will improve only with training. I'm sure the more time I spend here, the better the body will get. It will reach 100 per cent fitness. I will be doing match practice soon," he added.

Yuvraj had been diagnosed with a rare germ-cell cancer between his lungs and underwent chemotherapy in the US.

Yuvraj is now aiming for the World Twenty20 2012 tournament to be held in Sri Lankan in September.

Yuvraj arrived in Bangalore on Sunday and the Indian fans are hoping that he will be back for the national team and once again show his magnificent waku doki batting form on the cricket field.

ThatsCricket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by 4cnotes.info | Disclaimer | Contact Us | write for us
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...