Mar 21, 2012

Virat Kohli's letter to his hero Sachin Tendulkar

Saravana | 2:13 AM |

New Delhi: Virat Kohli is being hailed as Indian cricket's new big hit, after his 183 in the match against Pakistan on Sunday - the highest score by an Indian batsman against Pakistan. Today, he tweeted: "Will be rooting for srilanka today. cant wait to take the field in the finals. fingers crossed. thanx for ur wishes and support guys."

The 23-year-old has also paid rich tribute to his own hero, Sachin Tendulkar, who became the first cricketer ever to score 100 centuries in international cricket last week. In a letter written to Sachin and published by newspaper DNA on March 18, Kohli writes:

"Dear Sachin Paaji,
You have a million fans and I am one of them. In fact, I started playing cricket because of you. Simply watching you play motivated me. I don't know if you remember this but I first met you at Wankhede Stadium in 2007.

I was part of the Indian under-19 side and we were set to leave for New Zealand. Mr Lalchand Rajput was our coach and it was he who'd requested you to come and have a chat with us. I was barely 17 then and I must apologise that I - in fact, all my teammates - did not pay much attention to anything you said!

Well, we were simply in awe of you. The boys stood in a huddle and you were, literally and figuratively, the centre of attention.
You had told us about the conditions in New Zealand; you spoke about the bounce, the swing and how we need to tackle that. Your technical knowhow held me in good stead on that tour. "

Virat goes on to say, "People crave to shake hands with you, get your autographs, have a picture clicked and here I am so abundantly lucky to be sharing a dressing room with you. To get to know you personally has been a huge honour.

I have had a fairly good start to my international career and I want to thank you for helping me in every possible way. Paaji, I have never said this to you, but I actually connect with you very easily. I feel comfortable and reassured when I speak to you about my game and, invariably, you tell me what I am actually thinking! I consider it an honour to be on the same page with you...

On Friday, you achieved something which no other cricketer can or will. Yes, I know the last one year was frustrating, but I admire you for the way you handled yourself during this tough phase.

I was at the other end when you missed out on the landmark in Mumbai. It would have been great had you got it there, but it's fine. I know you were not desperate because that's what you have told me: never think too much, just play your game."

He ends by saying, "You had once told me during our 75-run stand during an ODI in Nagpur that I must follow my instincts. I am doing just that and the results are showing.

Yours lovingly,
Virat Kohli."
Reshared from : http://sports.ndtv.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by 4cnotes.info | Disclaimer | Contact Us | write for us
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...