Apr 10, 2012

I will not allow Yuvraj Singh to play any IPL match: Subrata Roy

Unknown | 3:59 AM | |
Pune team owner Subrata Roy says that even though the team misses Yuvraj terribly, he wants the cricketer to be a spectator and not a player until he's fit again.

Yuvraj Singh returned to the country on Monday afternoon, after a long stint abroad. He was in the US for his cancer treatment, after which he spent some time in London.

The IPL season is currently on, and though his Pune team is faring well, they are missing his presence among them. Even though he isn't playing any matches this season, team owner Subrata Roy has decided that the batsman will be paid his full fee of 1.8 million (more than Rs 9 crore). The first installment of the amount will be paid this week.

Roy told us, "I have known Yuvraj for a long time. My relationship with the cricketer has always been a warm one. Yuvi is a very simple man, who is in tune with the team. Though we won our last two matches, the team and my family miss him a lot. I have been in touch with him even when he was in London and USA for his treatment and I know he came back to Delhi yesterday. We are all missing him so much. In fact, just yesterday, Sourav (Ganguly) was telling me that had Yuvraj been in the team this time, it would have been so great!"

But Roy is very clear that he doesn't want Yuvi to join the team again for now. He says, "I would love to have Yuvi as a spectator for our matches - but not as a player! As a guardian and an elder, I will not allow him to play, as it is not good for his health. Yuvi had conveyed to me after his operation that he wanted to play during this IPL but I said no, he has to recover completely first."

Roy doesn't wish to get into the details of Singh's treatment, and says, "My family and I are very close to Yuvi and I was told what was happening. It was a sad feeling. He's such a wonderful human being and great player. I just hope and wish everything will be fine with Yuvraj! He is one cricketer who in any crisis situation can turn the match completely around with his batting. It's so sad when I think he's not going to bat for us this time... I wish that he becomes completely capable, fit and fine again. I want him to come back to life with all the energies and gusto that he's always had!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by 4cnotes.info | Disclaimer | Contact Us | write for us
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...